Thursday, December 25, 2014

Voices From the Row: The First Noel


Hotep,

God. Family. Hope.

These are the three elements you will find in the following expression.  William C. Gregory, a.k.a. “Chris,” is back to spread some holiday cheer and share with this W2TM audience how humanity can thrive in the direst of circumstances. 

Although our families differ in names and bloodlines, “Chris” will always be my younger brother.  We discuss family dynamics regularly, so its only right that he feel like a member of everything I love.

Happy Holidays, Blogosphere!

One,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2014 by Leroy Elwood Mann
------------------------------------------


The First Noel

“The best part of life is when your family become your friends and your friends become your family.” Robin Roberts (Good Morning America)

This quote rung true for me over the years.  I’ve spent 20 long weary years on N.C.’s death row.  I’ve met some really good men.  Some made huge mistakes in the heat of the moment; others were at the wrong place at the wrong time, while others were victims of circumstance. Whatever the case may have been, I’ve met some good brothers who I consider family!

Christmas is all about sharing time with loved ones, putting petty differences aside and enjoying the celebration of our Creator’s birth!  I had to celebrate with my family here.  Whether it’s breaking bread together over a meal we prepared ourselves or watching some NBA Christmas games, I’m still grateful for another Christmas each passing year.

Due to the circumstances I’m under, I know I’m not promised another Christmas to celebrate.  So I’ll cherish this Christmas as I have all others!

Our Maker took it upon His shoulders to redeem all of humanity and creation to Himself.  He prepared the way, that Jesus, His one and only begotten son, could reconcile all future generations into His heavenly kingdom.  So as you sit around this Christmas enjoying the festivities, let’s not forget to prepare room in your hearts for the One whose holiday this represents!

The birth of our savior born in a lowly manger.  Continue to keep your eyes posted on the bright morning star.  He gives hope to the hopeless; love to the broken hearted; joy to the broken spirit and peace to the weary!

Every Christmas, the radio stations play a variety of Christmas songs.  My favorite song is by Nat King Cole “The Christmas Song.”  It really brings so many fond memories to my soul.  As I close, may it spark a fond memory for you as well!


Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping at your nose.
Yule tide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks dressed up like eskimos.
Everybody knows,
A turkey and some mistletoe,
Helps to make a season bright,
Tiny tots with their eyes all a glow,
Will find it hard to sleep tonight.
They know Santa’s on his way
He’s loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh!
And every mother’s child is going to spy
To see if reindeer really know how to fly.
And so I’m offering you this simple phrase.
To kids from 1 to 92
Although its been said
Many times, many ways,
Merry Christmas to you!!

Have a wonderful Christmas celebration Rochelle, Daveante, Deuce, Tear, Mr. & Mrs. Dabney, D, Nyse, Deb and all of the blogosphere!!  May the coming New Year be bright and filled with good health.

Peace and Blessings,

William C. Gregory
Copyright © 2014 by William C. Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment