Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Nothing 2nd Class About You


Rochelle in the UAE
Hotep,

A while ago, I read an article about Tina Sloane Green in the Daily News.  I immediately zeroed in on the fact that she is a Philadelphia High School for Girls alumna (Girls High http://webgui.phila.k12.pa.us/schools/g/girlshigh )


How could I not think of Chelle, right?  But listen; there is a much greater element within her story that I find phenomenally in sync with my home girl. 

This expression came to me when I read a letter from Rochelle concerning the second-class treatment of women in Dubai.  I can only imagine how challenging this may have been for a woman of her ilk, but she has to understand her purpose is much bigger than that degree of a cultural experience.  Na mean?

A professor of culture and sport, Tina Sloane Green understands the plight of the black female etching her way toward success: “Who would have ever thought this little black girl from Elmwood would be able to achieve so much?” Most recently, professor Green received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Philadelphia Sports Congress for her work with Black Women in Sports Foundation and at Temple.

The legend of the diligent Sista defying all odds (Goody Shop to the Golden City) – only to make a positive difference in her community – goes far beyond being chronicle – worthy.  Every time my heart beats I feel Chelle’s occupational strides, but I always remind her that a stellar career does not begin to define the magnitude of her worth.  Ya heard?

When I think of Rochelle, I see someone who increases the morale whenever she steps into the room.  A phenomenal presence, a Phenomenal Woman who understands her purpose is a destination navigated by her undying will to help others recognize their true worth.  

Your timing is always perfect, and when your decisions are unpopular with those closest to you, the results of your decisions will vindicate your position.  You are a first class breed of woman, Rochelle.  A Phenomenal Woman, indeed.

The birth of a Lady is the celebration of a queen.  A queen who stood within the sands of a city whose beauty is acclaimed as gold.  Leaving more than footprints, her legacy registers a permanent mark, which adamantly states she does not need a man to grant her permission to be a person of significance.  

She is a queen who has stood in the sands of foreign lands, unleashing a righteous display of independence when it has been outlawed as contraband.  Yes! that queen is you Rochelle.

October 29th, the day a Lady is born.  All hail the Queen!

My gesture may be considered as extreme, but I am a Mann of my words, therefore I say exactly what I mean.  You own the love of your family and friends and your smile has been the gentlest touch.

The humble beginning of a Northern Liberties’ candy store is the reason the Sweetest person has achieved so much.

Happy Born Day Rochelle!!

Much Love,

Lump,
NP 4 Life
Copyright © 2014 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment