Sunday, October 5, 2014

Its Like a Jungle Sometimes…Volume 1



Hotep,

“Wilderness & Razorwire: A naturalist’s observation from prison” is a gift to anyone behind the wall, deeply in touch with the life forms existing around them.  Reading the works of Ken Lamberton, and all his talk about nature, has got me open like a window.  Na mean?

My “Boss Lady” spent two years on assignment in Kenya.  Living on the continent of Africa – The Motherland – has been a lifelong dream of hers.  It’s been a blessing for both of us.

You see, she understands my connection to nature, and knows that I’m deeply fascinated with lions.  So, she sent me some pics from her day (12 hours), touring the Kenyan safari.

The lion is a beautiful species of feline. The battle scars of a lion’s maturation can be an artful display – depending on how you look at it.  Battle scars give a history.  Living to grow a full mane is an accomplishment within itself.  But it’s an accomplishment that bears its fair share of battle scars.  Feel me?

Even with a baldhead, my soul bears a full mane – groomed in spirituality.  I wear my emotional and physical battle scars with pride, as I etch my footprints in this jungle of an existence.  Know that!

The lions in these pics look nothing like the lions I’ve seen at the zoo or circus.  These lions are in touch with their environment.  They walk with pride’ not shame.  Captivity is foreign to them.  

To be fed by human hands would be the ultimate disrespect to these lions of the Kenyan Maasai Mara.  The human logic is not applied to the dietary habits of these lions.  They eat WHATEVER they want; a gazelle, an impala, or even the occasional water buffalo.

Well fed.  Walking on paws of thunder and balanced by a tail that resembles a steel cable.  These lions are the undisputed kings of the beasts.  It’s simply their nature.  Ya heard?

Some may ask: how does this analogy play out?  How do you maintain the wildness and commanding presence while you are incarcerated?  Simply put; I remain sucka-free, because every eye can’t see, even if they are zoomed in on me.  My mental knows no shackles!  Word is bond!!

My paws of thunder will push this pen and pound the soils of the blogosphere, until the human hands that attempt to break my spirit recognize that I refuse to walk in shame.  I’m well fed on life experience and it’s simply in my nature to hold my place at the top of the survivor’s food chain.

This is my free mind at work, Dr. Kuhns.  Your mission.  My mission.  Our journey.  The roadblocks ahead have already been dismantled by the Creator and quenched the bonfires surrounding our paths.  That’s what’s real!!!

Peace,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2014 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment